Fees vary depending on type of service. Call for information regarding fees.
- Initial biopsychosocial assessments 60 mins
- Individual therapy, 45 mins
- Family therapy, 45 mins
- Group therapy 60 mins
Rates for on-site consultation and professional training varies depending on your needs.
Please call 617-446-3009 for more rate information.
Payment is always due at the time of service. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, health savings accounts and credit cards.
Treatment for many mental health issues are covered by health insurance. Some people elect to involve their health insurance companies in their mental health care and some do not. It is an important decision. Some reasons people elect not to involve insurance carriers in their mental health care include:
- A mental health diagnosis must be provided to the insurance company in order for sessions to be covered. This becomes part of your permanent medical record. It may lead to future denials of quality health or life insurance. It also may lead to coverage limitations related to what may be considered a “pre-existing condition” in the future.
- The insurance company may be able to control some aspects of the course of treatment, including but not limited to, the length of treatment and number of sessions covered. Someone other than you or your provider could make these important decisions for you.
- Confidentiality is lost when the insurance company is involved. Claims are seen by several people during processing. Also, they may choose to audit your records at any time.
- You may be paying out of pocket anyway, if you have a deductible.
Should you decided to involve your health insurance carrier, the following are some important details. Health insurance companies recognize providers as either “in” or “out” of their network. “In-network” providers accept payment directly from the insurance company, not the client. I am an “in-network” provider for TUFTS. If you have TUFTS insurance and elect to involve them, you will be only responsible for your copay at the time of service.
I am considered an “out-of-network” (OON) provider for other insurance companies. Many insurance plans will reimburse you up to 80% for OON providers. If you have a health insurance carrier other than Tufts, call the number on the back of your insurance card to contact your insurance company. Here are some questions to be sure to ask:
- Do I have “out of network” (OON) provider benefits?
- How much does this plan cover for OON providers? Per visit? Is there a limit? Is there a deductible?
- What do I need to do to get reimbursed? Is there a time limit?
- Do I need a referral from a PCP?
An insurance form receipt will be provided on request. You may submit it to your insurance company for reimbursement if you choose to do so. I do not deal directly with companies for whom I am an “out-of-network” provider.