I am a licensed psychotherapist who holds an LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification from the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). I started this practice with an outstanding reputation for providing compassionate and effective individual, group and family therapy for adults and adolescents in Boston, Massachusetts. I have worked for the Boston Public Health Commission, the Boston Medical Center and the South Boston Community Health Center at the South Boston Collaborative Center. You can find my “Linked In” profile here and my Psychology Today profile here.
I earned a Master’s degree in Mental Health and Behavioral Medicine from Boston University School of Medicine and a Bachelor’s degree in psychology from Boston University. I regularly attend specialized training in treatment approaches deemed to be best practices based on the latest research in the field of psychology. Below is an alphabetical list of some of the post-graduate training I have completed.
- “The Art of Exposure and Response Prevention” – PESI Intensive Workshop
- “Attachment and Borderline Personality Disorder” – McLean Hospital
- “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certificate” – PESI
- “Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Certification Program I and II” –Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA)
- “Meditation and Psychotherapy: Cultivating Compassion and Wisdom” Including panel discussion with His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama, – Harvard Medical School and the Cambridge Health Alliance
- “Meditation and Visualization Practices for Well-Being and to Enhance Peak Performance” – Harvard Medical School and the Cambridge Health Alliance
- “Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction” – PESI Intensive Workshop
- “The Role of Mindfulness in the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders”- PESI Intensive Workshop
- “Self-Harming Behaviors” – Harvard Medical School and the Cambridge Health Alliance
- “Substance Use and the Adolescent Brain” – Institutes of Health and Recovery (IHR), Suffolk County Adolescent Project
- “Treating Anxiety Disorders: Adults, Adolescents and Children” – Harvard Medical School and the Cambridge Health Alliance
- “Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model for Men (M-TREM)” – Boston Public Health Commission